Current mortgage rates: jumbo variable rate mortgage rates 5/1
- The ARM 5/1 rate is 2.193%.
- It is unchanged from yesterday’s rate. ??
- It’s a month offold by 0.014 percentage point. ??
Variable rate mortgages start with a low introductory or “teaser” rate that stays fixed for a number of years. After that, the rates are reset at specific intervals. If your rate increases, your monthly payment also increases. A 5/1 ARM, for example, will have a fixed rate for five years, then adjust each year until the loan is paid off. You can choose from a number of different terms, including an ARM 7/1 and an ARM 10/1.
Current mortgage rates: VA, FHA and jumbo loan rates
The average rates for FHA, VA and jumbo loans are:
- The rate on a 30-year FHA mortgage is 3.047%. ??
- The rate for a 30-year VA mortgage is 3.074. ??
- The rate for a 30-year jumbo mortgage is 3.42%. ??
Current mortgage refinancing rates
The average rates for 30-year, 15-year and 5/1 jumbo ARM loans are:
- The refinance rate on a 30 year fixed rate refinance is 3.49%. ??
- The refinance rate on a 15 year fixed rate refinance is 2.538%. ??
- The refinancing rate on a Jumbo ARM 5/1 is 2.467. ??
- The refinancing rate on a 7/1 compliant ARM is 3.839%. ??
- The refinancing rate on a 10/1 compliant ARM is 4.139. ??