Through: CARSTAR collision repair experts | 0 Actions 13 readings
October 07, 2021 // Franchising.com // CHARLOTTE, NC – In today’s world of ‘contactless’ customer service, distance learning, virtual estimation and centralized performance monitoring, there is a constant demand : a robust technological platform. Without this solid foundation, it is difficult to meet the changing demands of the collision repair industry today and in the future.
While many independent collision repair facilities are struggling with how to upgrade their computers to handle today’s data needs, implement the necessary bandwidth to provide remote service, keep their team members up-to-date training and provide the performance monitoring required by many insurance companies. and OEM, CARSTAR multi-store owner Jason Wong has developed the ideal platform combining the resources of CARSTAR, supplier partners and their own network solutions.
“Partnering with CARSTAR has been key to the success of our business,” said Wong, owner of CARSTAR Auto World Collision in San Francisco, and a second location coming soon to San Jose, California. “Being part of the CARSTAR network has given us the technology platform, operational advice and business support we need to grow in a very competitive market in Northern California. “
CARSTAR, North America’s premier network of independent collision repair facilities, has created a one-stop solution for its more than 700 locations. Powered by Driven Brands and the resources behind more than 4,000 automotive service points across North America, CARSTAR provides collision repair facility owners with the innovative technology network needed to be successful. From consulting support through the CARSTAR operations team to proprietary data management tools to virtual customer service applications, CARSTAR keeps its franchise partners at the forefront of industry technology.
“Technology is the foundation of our ability to repair vehicles, track performance and serve customers,” said Wong. “The CARSTAR dashboard is an incredible platform that integrates all of our systems and data in one place. We rely on it all day, every day to assess where we are with every repair and every direct repair program. It works with our CCC system, so it’s efficient and effective.
Wong noted that in a business where time is money, being able to closely track the hours spent on each task, payback rates and profitability are critical to bottom line performance. He is working diligently with members of his local CARSTAR operations team to review all the numbers and listen to their advice on how they can make continued improvements.
The CARSTAR technology platform has also enabled Wong to provide a contactless and contactless service to its customers, essential for doing business under last year’s California protocols.
“We have been able to create a truly virtual experience for our customers, from robust virtual online planning and estimation tools, to easy drop-off and pick-up protocols and daily digital updates on the site. progress of their repairs, ”Wong said. “We have deployed our team with laptops and cloud-based support so that they can continue to provide great customer service and run our business, wherever they are. “
CARSTAR’s innovative technology platform includes:
- Proprietary KPI dashboards – CARSTAR works with its franchise partners to set up and manage data tracking systems to accurately measure and report KPI performance in real time. It also compiles data on the CARSTAR network to identify trends, compare metrics and identify opportunities that help improve performance and profitability.
- Collision University – Keeping employees up to date with current repair processes and procedures is a challenge in any environment, but especially today. With Collision University, team members can access hundreds of online training courses from CARSTAR collision repair experts as well as top manufacturers and service providers.
- Online photo estimation – In the “no-touch” environment, managing quotes requires new technology. CARSTAR’s online photo estimation tools allow estimators to guide customers through the process of documenting damage to their vehicle and submitting for a free estimate.
- Digital Desktop Review – Managing insurance repairs requires focusing on the details of each carrier program and the bottom line. CARSTAR’s digital exam annually assesses estimates of thousands of repairs for accuracy, compliance, and unrecognized opportunities, helping franchise partners streamline the repair process and maximize their potential on every repair.
- Online planning – When a customer is ready to repair their vehicle, the CARSTAR online scheduling system can confirm their appointment, arrange for vehicle pickup or ‘contactless’ drop-off and coordinate with the appropriate insurance company .
“Ultimately, an auto body repair facility with yesterday’s technology will be challenged to meet today’s standards – not to mention the future,” Wong noted. “CARSTAR offers independent collision repair facility owners a powerful partner to help them navigate the new digital economy and succeed in the collision repair industry of tomorrow.