The compensation of the CEO of Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAIN) seems acceptable to us and here is why


Performances at Heavenly Group Hain, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAIN) has been pretty moot lately and shareholders may be wondering how CEO Mark Schiller plans to tackle this problem. One way for them to exert their influence over management is to vote on resolutions, such as executive compensation at the next AGM, which will take place on October 28, 2021. It has been shown that setting compensation appropriate leadership prompts management to act in the interests of shareholders. . We’ve prepared an analysis below to show that CEO compensation seems reasonable.

See our latest review for Hain Celestial Group

The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. CEO Compensation Comparison with Industry

Our data indicates that The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. has a market capitalization of US $ 4.3 billion and the CEO’s total annual compensation was reported at US $ 2.9 million for the year through June. 2021. This is notably an increase of 8.5% compared to the previous year. . Although this analysis focuses on total compensation, it should be recognized that the salary portion is lower, valued at US $ 1.0 million.

Looking at similar-sized companies in the industry with market capitalizations between US $ 2.0 billion and US $ 6.4 billion, we found that the median total compensation of CEOs in this group was US $ 4.5 million. That is, Mark Schiller is paid below the industry median. Additionally, Mark Schiller owns $ 3.2 million in company stock in his own name, indicating that they have a lot of skin in the game.

Making up 2021 2020 Proportion (2021)
Salary US $ 1.0 million US $ 996,000 35%
Other US $ 1.9 million 1.7 million US dollars 65%
Total compensation US $ 2.9 million US $ 2.7 million 100%

At the industry level, almost 33% of total compensation is salary, while the remainder 67% is other compensation. Hain Celestial Group largely mirrors the industry average when it comes to the share of a salary in total compensation. It is important to note that an inclination towards non-salary compensation suggests that total salary is linked to the performance of the company.

NasdaqGS: HAIN CEO compensation October 22, 2021

A look at the growth numbers for The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.

Over the past three years, The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. has reduced its earnings per share by 1.7% per year. Its turnover is down 4.1% compared to the previous year.

The lack of growth in BPA is certainly irrelevant. This is made worse by the fact that revenues are actually down compared to last year. It’s hard to say the company is firing on all cylinders, so shareholders might be averse to high CEO pay. Stepping away from the current shape for a second, it might be important to check out this free visual representation of what analysts expect for the future.

Was the Hain Celestial Group, Inc. a good investment?

We believe the 80% three-year total shareholder return would leave most of The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. shareholders smiling. As a result, some may think that the CEO should be paid more than normal for companies of similar size.

To conclude…

Despite the strong returns on shareholder investment, the fact that earnings have not increased makes us skeptical about sustaining the stock’s current momentum. These are some of the concerns that shareholders may want to address with the board of directors when they reconsider their investment thesis.

CEO compensation is a crucial aspect to watch, but investors should also keep their eyes open for other issues related to company performance. We have identified 1 warning sign for Hain Celestial Group which investors should be aware of in a dynamic business environment.

Hain Celestial Group shifting gears, if you are looking for a flawless balance sheet and superior returns, this free The list of high yield, low leverage companies is a great place to look.

This Simply Wall St article is general in nature. We provide commentary based on historical data and analyst forecasts using only unbiased methodology and our articles are not intended to be financial advice. It does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell shares and does not take into account your goals or your financial situation. Our aim is to bring you long-term, targeted analysis based on fundamental data. Note that our analysis may not take into account the latest announcements from price sensitive companies or qualitative material. Simply Wall St has no position in the mentioned stocks.

Do you have any feedback on this item? Are you worried about the content? Get in touch with us directly. You can also send an email to the editorial team (at) simplywallst.com.


Source link

Previous What are lenders looking for? How to get approval
Next Palm Coast maintains Class 4 through floodplain management practices, one of 12 in the United States